PRINCIPLES FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM
- Comprehensive reform addressing both future economic needs for future workers and undocumented workers already in the United States.
- Reform that strengthens national security by providing for the screening of foreign workers and creating a disincentive for illegal immigration.
- Reform that strengthens the rule of law by establishing clear, sensible immigration laws that are efficiently and vigorously enforced.
- Reform that creates an immigration system that functions efficiently for employers, workers, and government agencies.
- Reform that creates a program that allows hard working, tax paying undocumented workers to earn legal status.
- Reform that ensures that U.S. workers are not displaced by foreign workers.
- Reform that ensures that all workers enjoy the same labor law protections.
- Divisive legislation that would be harmful to employers and immigrant workers.